Puberty in Girls - The Body Changes

Girls' bodies are more obviously changes by puberty than boys' bodies. This is because women's bodies have to do much more of the work of sexual reproduction - making babies. Women's bodies will be able to create eggs, carry a fetus, give birth and provide the baby with milk. Men's bodies only need to make and deliver sperm cells.

Puberty and Breasts development

The first sign of puberty in girls is usually the development of breast buds behind the nipples. These will grow to make large glands which can provide milk for a newborn baby. They are also an important part of becoming a woman which can make us nervous or proud about their appearance. Left and right breasts can develop at different speeds - any differences will not be noticeable by the time they have finished growing. Exercises to grow breasts are a myth - but it is good to have well-toned muscles behind the breasts to help support them.


Girls choose to begin to wear a bra at different times - our mothers are probably best for advice on when to start. Wearing a bra early on is thought to help prevent sagging in later life. But some of us are embarrassed to wear a bra with tiny cup size.

Pubic and Armpit Hair

Puberty causes both boys and girls to begin to grow hair in new places. This hair is thicker and tougher than the soft "fluff" we had up until puberty. Public hair grows around the pubic bone and the vagina. Underarm hair also begins to grow.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

its ok

Anonymous said...

oh no

Anonymous said...

am going through it now i am a 34aa and only 11 !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

am a size 36 and only 11 !!!!!!!!!!!! :-0

Anonymous said...

the drama begins!

Anonymous said...

I was a 34 c in 6th grade:(

Anonymous said...

stage 3. im 11 is that normal??? turning 12 April 14 i skipped grade so now in 7th. my bff has started. I wish i did, it feels like im about 2.

Anonymous said...

I'm only 9 and I am between 2 and 3.
Btw my friend is bigger than stage 5 and she's 9!

Anonymous said...

Hey Im 13 turning 14 this year in Gr.8 im in Stage 3 is it time for me to wear a cup size ???

Anonymous said...

i am 10 and in stage 2. idk if u should wear a bra tho. i think i am close to stage three tho. so if anyone knows if your in stage 2 and should wear a bra plz tell me cuz if i should be wearing a bra then i should probably talk to my mom or something. so plz help!

Anonymous said...

probably but its your on preference

Anonymous said...

i am 11 and im between stage 2 and 3.and i wear a patted bra.cup size is a 30a.and i have pubic hair.is that normal for my age?

Anonymous said...

:-/ is it normal?

Anonymous said...

I am 11 and I think I am in stage 2 but my breasts are still pretty small.

Anonymous said...

im 12 turning 13 and I think that im in stage 2 cuz my breasts are so tiny, and I STILL have to wear a training bra. im probably gonna start stage 3 soon but im not sure. ughhh I feel like they aren't growing cuz I haven't noticed much of a difference in a long time. :(

Anonymous said...

1 am in stage 3 and i am going to 8 at 13 years old

Anonymous said...

I HAVE LOTS OF HAIR ON MY VAGINA AND BEGGINNING TO GROW ARMPIT HAIR. I HAVE ALSO NOTICED WHITE STUFF IN MY VAGINA AND I AM ON STAGE 4 ON MY BOOBS AND IM ONLY 11

Anonymous said...

I HAVE A LOVELY PUSSY I LOVE TO LICK IT IT TASTES AWESOME I BOUNCING TITS AS WELL I GET MY HANDS RUB MY FANNY AND RUB MY TITS

Anonymous said...

OMG! 11 year olds don't have to be bigger that stage 1. I have a friend who doesn't even wear a bra. I don't think people should go around bragging and even lying about their bra size, because it can hurt people's feelings.

Anonymous said...

EVERYBODY SHUT THE FREAK UP! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID BRA SIZE! I COULD CARE LESS TO HEAR SOME LIER'S BRA SIZE! JEEZ!

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment