Puberty is the time during which your body grows from that of a child to that of an adult. Your body changes in many ways. Puberty is also the time when you will start having menstrual periods.
Changes in your body:
- You get taller.
- Your hips get wider.
- Your breasts grow.
- You grow hair in new places.
- You start having periods.
Does this ever happen to you?
- Your body seems to look different every week.
- Your feelings seem to change suddenly for no reason.
- You spend more time with new friends than with old ones.
Puberty generally starts some time between the ages of 8 and 11. For some girls, it can last just a few years. For other girls, it can last 5 years or longer. Every girl is unique and will go through puberty in her own way.